, , , , , , , ,

German Diaries: After a Week of Rain

Friday, January 08, 2016





It poured, sprinkled, and drizzled all day every day this week. Alexa and I enjoy getting outside so between the energetic rain and her tireless cold, we were both starting to feel cooped up. Luckily the clouds took a break and even parted to give the sunshine time to play on the puddles and dance on our faces. We chose a path above Obernarnbach and it was lovely, but the chilly air refused to be ignored so it was a short one. Even so, it felt wonderful to be out walking, exploring new trails, and enjoying nature again.

I feel really lucky to live in such a beautiful country. A year ago I would have never believed that I'd be living in a foreign country, traveling Europe, or wandering the many beautiful trails of Germany. Life is full of wonderful surprises. Even with the not so pleasant surprises of deployment and raising my daughter in a foreign country alone,  I wouldn't trade my experiences. This year has been an amazing year of growth and gratitude for me. I'm really excited for what surprises the new year will bring.

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare