, , , , , , ,

Getting in the Frame | Dec 2015

Saturday, December 19, 2015
















This is the second portion in my Mother - Daughter self-portrait series, inspired by Wherever I am With You.  Every month I'm making the effort to get behind the frame with my daughter. Click here to read my reasons for doing this project and to see last month's getting in the frame moment. It's only been two months, but I'm already seeing how this project is stretching me creatively. Self portrait's in themselves are tricky for me, so adding a toddler to the mix has added a completely new dimension of challenges! Especially today having her in the Ergo carrier. Alexa is happy as long as I'm moving, which meant I had to be very quick while setting up the tripod and making adjustments in the camera. But like always, I'm impressed with my ability to adapt and Alexa's ability to make everything in life more fun. I can't imagine what this deployment would be like without her with me. I'm sure grateful for her sweet disposition and the loving comfort she adds to my life.

If you're joining me in this self-portrait challenge, or you're just dabbling in a photo here and there, I'd love to hear your thoughts! How's it going? What challenges are you facing taking portraits with you and your children in the same frame?

You Might Also Like

5 Kommentare

  1. I can't believe these are self portraits, I struggle with just taken a snapshot of myself on my phone with my baby! I love that you're doing this, my new goal is to actually learn how to use my camera! Your pictures inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda and that's a great goal! Learning the functions and capabilities of your camera opens up a world of creative possibilities! You won't be sorry! :) Oh and for the record... I totally struggle with cell phone selfies too!

      Delete
  2. I have to say WOW and teach me your ways! I can't believe these were all from a tripod and they look amazing! How do you change the focus from sharp to blurry and keep the right things in focus, etc?? I am learning about how to use a dslr camera.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment Angie! There are lot's of ways to do it, but when I'm alone like this, I find it easiest to shoot in manual focus. I set up my frame, decide where I want to stand and mark it, then tweak the focus until I get it where I want it. The process requires some patience, but it's easier than it sounds! You'll have to join us on a walk sometime. :)

      Delete