, , , , , , ,

A PERSONAL PROJECT | PREGNANCY AFTER MISCARRIAGE

Saturday, August 19, 2017



Fall is coming...
I love the brisker morning air, the sign of falling leaves and the fields of sunflowers that bloom carelessly in clusters. They've always been an invigorating sight of change for me, but currently they also serve as a bittersweet reminder that this time last year, I lost our baby.
Some of you may know that I miscarried last August, but many of you may not know that I am pregnant again. (I’m 26 weeks pregnant in fact!) We’re having a girl. She is strong, she is healthy, and everyday I say a little prayer that Heavenly Father will let us keep her.


If you know me, you know I am not a negative or despairing person. So why am I overshadowing a happy announcement with the unfortunate and irreversible past of my previous miscarriage? And why has it taken me over 6 months to announce on social media that we are pregnant again? I haven't formed a concrete explanation yet, but I do know this. Miscarriage has changed me… especially since becoming pregnant again. I see and I feel things differently than I did with my first pregnancy and in my attempt to understand and explain those thoughts and feelings, I revert to what I always do when I need further clarity and comfort. I write, I take photos, I create…

After talking about our miscarriage last year,
(you can see below or the original post here) I was surprised and pretty humbled by the amount of people who messaged me. They told me how they had been there and how grateful they were for my words. Some even said they wished they had felt like they could talk about it when they were going through it...


It touched me and made me think that maybe there is a need for people to see more “life that falls short of perfection” on the internet. Regardless of whether that sentiment is true, I can’t shake the whisper inside my heart that’s saying, maybe I shouldn’t keep my experiences and cathartic practices to just myself anymore. 

So I'm steppin' out of my comfort zone a little and deciding to publicly share the results of some of those outlets with you.
The photo of myself holding my daughter is the first photo of a series I’m calling "Pregnancy After Miscarriage". This series will be raw, it will be real, okay really... it will just be me in my creative bubble playing and figuring things out, but you’re more than welcome to follow along. I’ll be posting most of my thoughts and work to Instagram with the hashtag #myjourneyaftermiscarriage, but if you feel inclined, I hope you follow along, use the tag, or join the conversation. ( I promise the posts will be shorter there!)
This may be my journey and story with miscarriage, but we all have a story. Who knows, maybe your heart is whispering too and maybe your story might be just the thing that someone else needs to hear.


You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare