, , , , , , , ,

Find Your Inner Wild Thing

Tuesday, October 20, 2015


 








 

 
“...Inside all of us is adventure. Inside all of us is... a wild thing.”
―Maurice Sendak, Where the Wild Things Are

Alexa and I went for a walk up the hill from our village and we couldn't resist playing in the grass. I meant it when I said we are taking advantage of every sunny day we have left here in Germany. Days are growing shorter and colder and if this year's anything like the last, the sun will snuggle behind a blanket of heavy clouds for the winter very soon. 
Watching Alexa play in the grass in her fox onesie reminded me of Max from Where the Wild Things Are. She is my wild thing. I love her adventurous spirit and her curious nature. I hope it never goes away; I hope I never snuff it out or chase it away. Today my wild thing flung soil, licked leaves, and giggled when I tickled her cheeks with grass. Childhood isn't meant to be tidy. When I get lost in to do lists and never ending house maintenance I get to Alexa's level and try to experience the world as she sees it. That was my intention while capturing her today. Life must be experienced and how better to do it than by following the example of a child. Get dirty, roll in the grass, be a wild thing.

You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare