Little Updates

Friday, January 30, 2015

We did it! Baby girl made her way into this world 9 days late (with a little bit of helpful nudging of an induction on our end) and within 3 weeks, we had packed our bags, visited family in Idaho for Thanksgiving and flown to Germany! Whew! Yeah, sometimes I find myself bent over my hands and knees, just out of habit. No I'm just kidding, but life has felt like a nonstop marathon the last couple of months.



 This is our village. Obernheim-Kirchanarnbach. If you look in the far far right  corner of this image, the white house on the hill closest to the edge of the frame is ours. :) The view is beautiful, our neighbors (the ones we've met so far) are fantastic and our house is really coming together; we couldn't be happier.


 Alexa is getting so big! Today I had to remove all of her three month clothing. Above she is four days old and below she is two and a half months!









We didn't have any furniture or house decorations during Christmas, so our house was looking very sad and bare, then three days before Christmas, Scott walks in the the saddest looking Charlie brown tree I've ever seen. He picked it up for free from a pile of leftover misfits on base. We ladened it with small gifts to each other, Christmas cards from family and my fuzzy pink socks for makeshift stockings. It was comical and completely perfect to complete our memorable and first family Christmas.


    (I forgot to take a close picture of it, but) We did have one REAL Christmas ornament on the tree! It was the one Chloe, my sweet niece, made and gave to us before we left. Thank you Chloe!

 (I forgot to take a close picture of it, but) We did have one REAL Christmas ornament on the tree! It was the one Chloe, my sweet niece, made and gave to us before we left. Thank you Chloe!



 A Christmas present from Grandma Maryanne. Thank you! Alexa and I need to start making sugar cookies real soon with these bad boys!









Alexa's first Christmas '14 from Tanae Sorenson on Vimeo.

You Might Also Like

5 Kommentare

  1. I commented and it didn't take. I love everything about her. She is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just been drooling over your blog for the past 30 minutes. Your pictures are stunning and your life in Germany seems so attractive. I also love your list of things to do in this life. Great blog, all around! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just been drooling over your blog for the past 30 minutes. Your pictures are stunning and your life in Germany seems so attractive. I also love your list of things to do in this life. Great blog, all around! :)

    ReplyDelete