Fast Paced or More Waist?

Friday, June 15, 2012

Scott and I are approaching our 6 month anniversary! I can't believe how fast time flies! I'm having a hard time keeping up. No seriously, I am literally having a hard time keeping up with the pace. Is it normal to gain 10-15 pounds during your first 6 months of marriage? Scott and I have been embracing this strange new phenomena called "we actual make meals now" like champs, and have only cried together occasionally after discovering its dire consequences. Okay, so I've done most of the crying.
 The only thing that keeps me together is the shred of hope Mom gives me every few months when I see her. (I confide in Mom in all matters that require brutal honesty.) If I were gaining weight, she would know and speak it immediately. Am I right? Of course! Then again, are my seam splitting jeans and the number on that scale just a figment of my imagination? Gross.
Despite what you now may think! Scott and I are still pretty active people. Two weeks ago I went rock climbing, (We intend to make it our new hobby, unfortunately Scott last minute couldn't attend.) we are on a softball team, and tomorrow we are going horseback riding! I am super excited for that! For years I have wanted to go and it just seems too perfect that we are going the day before our 6 month anniversary.

I'm guessing word has gotten out, but in case not, I am currently interning for Tina's Business, Renew You. It has been a really great learning experience so far. In fact, I am loving it! I am creating her website, writing/editing her content and when that's done, I'll really push her social media. The website is not completely finished yet, but you should all check it out and like it on facebook. www.renewyoulmt.com

 On top of this great learning experience, my boss also asked me to create a completely new method for hiring students involving virtual resumes (short video clips highlighting one's resume and/or answering why you would be a good candidate for a position). I honestly didn't even know what a virtual resume was when I started, but I found a site that would allow students to post their virtual resumes without being seen by anyone other that Sister H. and myself. The site has been really successful and I am really pleased with the results, and so is my boss. She gave me a raise and even asked me to interview all of the students applying for a position! The interviewing starts Monday! All of these opportunities I have been given lately have just been incredible! Like I said, figment of my imagination or not, in one way or another I'm having a hard time "keeping up" with the pace of life.



You Might Also Like

0 Kommentare